Don Aquilano is Managing Director of both Blue Chip Venture Company and Gazelle Tech Ventures. Together, the firms manage more than $650 million in venture capital. Since 2000, Don has led Gazelle to a top 5% return performance in its peer group. He currently serves on a number of company boards, including unx, Knowlagent, Scale Computing, Aprimo, Weblink and Rubicon (Nasdaq: RBCN), a Russell 2000 Company. Don is Rubicon’s executive chairman and has been instrumental in the company’s success while leading the Blue Chip Software & Services industry practice.
Before joining Gazelle in 2000, Don was a principal with Fox Group, a private equity and management consulting firm. Prior to Fox, Don worked as a consultant with the Boston Consulting Group, and previously worked in the technology and operations groups of Hewlett-Packard; as a manager of strategy with Diageo, a global consumer products company; and as co-founder of two software companies. Don is an adjunct professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation for both Indiana University and Purdue University.
- Chairman, Indiana University School of Informatics Dean’s Council
- Board Advisor, Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship, Indiana University Kelly School of Business
- Board Advisor, Ball State Center for Entrepreneurship
- Board Advisor, Indiana Humanities Council
- Director, University of Arizona National Alumni Association Board
- Board Advisor, Indiana Teach for America
- Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude, from University of Arizona
- Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard University