Tami Dillon and Bechara Gholam announce the Ann Grose Memorial Scholarship Award to provide educational enrichment opportunities to Sahuaro High School students.
As part of the Award, a minimum of one, non-renewable, $1,000 scholarship will be awarded each year, and the funds may be applied to any accredited college or university in the United States. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate student leadership participation/skills and are pursuing a 4-year degree.
The sponsors for this scholarship are Tami Dillon and Bechara Gholam, representing Ann Grose’s former Sahuaro High School Student Council alumni members. Bechara Gholam and Tami (Holman) Dillon are 1985 graduates of Sahuaro High School and were proud members of the Student Council leadership between the 1982 and 1985 school years; Ann Grose, Advisor.
Award Applicant Qualifications:
- A graduating senior who has been a Sahuaro High School Student Council member at least one (1) year during their attendance at Sahuaro High School; and
- A student with a minimum and current 3.25 GPA; and
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States; and
- A student with plans to attend an accredited (4)-year college or university within the United States; and
- A student with an endorsement of their Guidance Counselor attesting they are qualified for this award (part of the Ann Grose Memorial Scholarship Application document).
Preference will be given to:
- A student who demonstrates a record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities; and/or
- A student who displays participation in extracurricular school activities; and/or
- If no qualifying application is received, the Scholarship Award Committee reserves the right to open up qualifications for need-based applicants (financial etc.) as the Committee deems appropriate.
For application and details click here